Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 23, 2012

To every thing there is a season . . . .

. .  and a time to every purpose under the heaven.   I have neglected to write my feelings and experiences and as part of my blog in the last year.  I have been reminded numerous times that I need to share this journey God has trusted us with as we walk along this path. I want to take these feelings and experiences and share them to bring glory to God.   It's time that I do just that before I forget all of those God moments.

 I often feel like I am hiding like a child feeling sorry for myself, sorry that I have to walk this path with this monster called Huntington's Disease walking along with my family.  Other times I realize I am a servant of God and I do not walk with this monster alone.  I have given my life, heart and soul, to the One who guides me.  I do not like how my life has become so unpredictable.  I cannot guess or dream of what our future will be like, because I do not know how this monster will react the next day, month or year.  I grieve how it has taken this fun, peaceful man and left what is sometimes a shell of who I once knew.  My younger daughters do not understand who their Dad was ten or fifteen years ago, and I dare say ten more years will be much different as well.   However, I do praise God that though this monster tries to rob us of our joy we serve a much bigger God.  He takes all of the hurt and tears, loneliness, and confusion and His is the victory in how he teaches us to walk this difficult path.

We have met so many people on this journey already.  We have had many experiences that only God could orchestrate.  Those are memories and testimonies that we can share.  I know that my abilities to walk this path is beyond my strength.  I can only do this with Him . . . .

                                                                                                        





No comments:

Post a Comment